I’ve been meaning to make a S’more cheesecake for some time, but I haven’t been experimenting with them as much as I used to. So when I had a chance to make one as payment to some friends to renting their guestroom for a weekend, I thought I’d take my chance.
The plan was pretty simple.
- Graham cracker crust, unmodified, as I use in a lot of my recipes
- Marshmallow melted into the cake itself, using the candied mixture
- Milk Chocolate cover
Learning to melt marshmallows was the new aspect of this recipe, and it was pretty simple. Use a double boiler, with marshmallows and a few spoonfuls of water or cream. I used half the bag with water, boiled into goo and mixed in with the cake. Once the pans were full I decided to melt the other half, this time using cream, and create a layer of marshmallow, over which I would pour the chocolate.
I did all this in one night, and when I got to the chocolate part, I was tired and ready to go to bed, so I didn’t give the marshmallow enough time to set before I poured on the chocolate. The result:
The chocolate and the marshmallow toppings mixed, creating some sort of rocky road mixture. Luckily, it still tasted great. I brought in the three mini-cheesecakes to work for my co-workers / test subjects to try out. Some tasted more marshmallow than others, but they all enjoyed the final product. As did the family I made the large cake for. When I left after two nights, less than a quarter of the cake was left. By now, it may be all gone.
I was one of those who did not taste as much marshmallow as I’d have liked. Perhaps in the future I can mix more into the cake, or let the top set. I suppose I could even get some marshmallow flavoring, but honestly, where’s the fun in that.
If you want the actual recipe I used (not including the extra materials added to make three mini-cakes), let me know and I will post it.