With every new year comes the yearly structure for the 12 Challenges. This year, instead of just adjusting some goals, I’ve worked over the whole outline.
Instead of ‘Culture’, ‘Creativity’, ‘Kitchen’ and ‘Free’, it’s now based on how often the goal will come up over the course of the month.
- Daily: Something that I will do almost every day
- Weekly: something I will need to attend to one to three times a week
- Monthly: something I need to do once during the month.
I’m also reducing the number of free goals from three to two. I’m also going to try to not make them both the same category, so I don’t get too bogged down in Daily or Weekly challenges.
So here’s the 2017 12 Challenges structure:
- Write (10,000 words a month saved to file)
- Read (finish two books)
- Draw (finish one drawing a month)
- Exercise (twice a week)
- Movies (once a week)
- Music Practice (thrice a week)
- Two different Kitchen Goals
- Host an event
- Attend and event / visit something new
Hoping to start 2017 on a healthy kick, some of the goals are oriented towards that.
- Draw : RPG Character, Corwin the Unkind
- FREE: No Soda or Alcohol for the Entire Month
- Movies – Finish the Best Picture Winners
- Music Practice
- FREE: 20 Salads in January
- Make something with Tofu
- Caramel Pecan Rolls
- Event: Minnesota RollerGirls, January 21st
- Host: A writing night