October’s Challenges came out better than I thought they might, with 5 Successes, 4 partials, and 3 started.
- Candy Corn Cheesecake
- Breakfast Rolls (Which became Coffee cake, but it counts)
- Books (both Baron Munchhausen and The Dead Zone)
- Event (Switched to Minnesota Book Fair and success!)
- Finish 3rd Draft: Kind of a stretch since I haven’t finished writing, but I’ve outlined the rest, so I at least know how it’s going to end, even if I haven’t written it down.
- Partial Success
- Sweet Potatoes (Only got one recipe in)
- Blog (got a lot of work done, but I’ve been having some fun writing this combat blog, so I’m going to keep at it).
- Dad’s Movies (Watched Pan’s Labyrinth and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford).
- Exercises (6 of 12)
- Started (Not over half)
- Acoustic Guitar (1 of 8)
- Bass Guitar (1 of 8)
- Best Picture Movies (4 of 9): The French Connection; The Sting; One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest; Annie Hall
Not bad. I like the organization I’ve got for the month (weekly goals instead of a monthly calendar) but again, I start strong and get off track after about a week. I’m going to give it another shot, see if I can stay with it for a bit longer.
November is my birth month (yay!). So I’m making a couple of these challenges in the theme of ‘Happy Birthday to me!’ I don’t know what event I’ll go to yet, and I want to work on the Combat Blog some more, so that’s recycled, but in a good way.
- Cheesecake Birthday Cake Cheesecake
- Bread: Bread Rolls
- Vegetable Kohlrabi
- Acoustic Guitar 8 x 30 minute sessions
- Bass Guitar 8 x 30 minute sessions
- Blog 10 sessions working on the Combat blog post
- Book Watership Down
- Event TBD
- Best Picture Movies (12)
- The Deer Hunter
- Kramer v Kramer
- Ordinary People
- Chariots of Fire
- Gandhi – Saw many years ago; should watch again
- Terms of Endearment
- Amadeus – Saw many years ago; should watch again
- Out of Africa
- Platoon – Saw many years ago; should watch again
- Last Emperor – Know I’ve seen bits of, if not the whole movie
- Rain Man – Know I’ve seen bits of, if not the whole movie
- Driving Miss Daisy – Know I’ve seen bits of, if not the whole movie
- Dad’s Movies 3 movies
- Exercises 3 per week
- Book Work
- Week One: Finish Main Storyline
- Week Two: Finish/decide on the Villain Story Line
- Week Three: Work on consistency
- Week Four: General Revisions
Going 12 for 12 on a Birthday month would be pretty great. Can I do it?